This weekend I’m launching a new blog website called muslimahMERICAN.
I’ll spend the next year chronicling my spiritual and religious trajectory — from growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness in the 70’s and 80’s, to losing my religion in the 90’s, to finding Islam as an adult.
This is a deeply personal endeavor, and I’ve gone back-and-forth several times about whether to share my story. But in the end I decided that it is really the only thing that I am qualified to share and not doing so would be a waste of a lot of really hard lessons.
I would love to have your support.
Here’s how you can help:
- Read along. There’s no greater compliment a writer can get than someone spending their time reading their stuff.
- Share my posts. If there’s anything you find interesting or compelling in my story, please share my blog posts using your social media.
- Feedback. Either comments on the posts themselves, or personal messages from those who know me. This is a work in progress and your feedback/comments will help me tell a better story.
- Prayers of support. If you’re the praying type, of course. I do appreciate prayers to help sustain me as I try to do right by this story.
- Donate. I’m raising funds to hire a designer and editor to help me turn this into a book. You may either use Patreon for monthly support (and get access to my posts earlier than the general public) or contribute to my Launchgood campaign.
Again, this is a heavy task and my goal is to do it right — with honesty, humility and consistency.
Thank you in advance for any support you have to offer.
Amanda The Q